Name of Product: VTA-240B-ESP Wood Metropolitan Bluetooth Record Player with 3-Speed Turntable shown below. Only units with the production date of 09/2021 are affected. Units were sold from December 2021 through April 2023.
Hazard: The record player may overheat, posing a risk of fire.
How is Victrola Making this Right?
Victrola is offering you a Free Upgrade Replacement with The Empire VTA-270B-ESP Bluetooth Record Player with 3-Speed Turntable shown below.
This 270B model is the same color and style as the recalled unit and is unaffected by the issues with the 240B. The 270B model also contains additional features (CD player, cassette play) which are included for you at no charge in this recall. There is no charge for handling and shipping or the replacement unit.
Steps to Take to Obtain Your Free Replacement Record Player:
- Please immediately unplug and stop using your 240B unit.
- Confirm the production date of your unit is "09/2021" and the model number is VTA-240B (see image below).
- On product labels (images shown below), write your initials and date in pen.
- Fill out and submit the form below, including the requested photos.
- After we confirm that your model is included in the recall, we will process your replacement unit and provide you with further directions for disposal.
Sample Label Photos:
Description: This recall involves the VTA-240B-ESP Wood Metropolitan Bluetooth Record Player with 3-Speed Turntable. The unit is approximately 6.5 inches high, 14.5 inches wide, and 15.5 inches deep and weighs approximately 12 pounds. The unit has three black control knobs with brass accents on the front panel and the word “Victrola” written in gold lettering on the inside of top cover of the unit. Affected units are Espresso color and were manufactured in September 2021. A white label on the back of recalled units shows the words “Model: VTA-240B.” A second white label on the back of recalled units shows the words “Production Date: 09/2021.”