Best Selling Record Players
Purchasing a new record player can be an exciting and somewhat overwhelming experience. You’re about to bring a new memory maker into your home, one that is sure to bring your favorite bands, singers, and musicians to rip-roaring life. But there are just so many options to choose from!
The Basics of the Record Player
At a glance, vinyl record players seem like simple devices. They’re created to spin a vinyl record at a constant speed, changing the sound data pressed into the record’s grove into electrical signals, and then music. The quality of your record player will have a huge impact on the quality of this sound reproduction process. Naturally, the more precise the machine, the more it might cost.
The anatomy of any record player is relatively similar. Parts include:
- Tone arm – Holds both the cartridge and stylus in one place as the record spins beneath.
- Stylus – AKA the needle, is a tiny point, typically made from diamond, that traces the record’s grooves and helps to produce the sound.
- Phono cartridge – Is a small electrical generator that holds the stylus in place and produces a small voltage when the stylus shifts, thus creating the musical signal.
- Platter – The spinning part that the record rests on as it plays. It is typically protected by a covering of some sort in order to reduce scratches and vibrations.
- Motor – Resting directly beneath the platter, this causes the belt drive turntable to spin the platter.
- Bearing assembly – is the part that turntable platter spins upon. A better bearing means a quieter and smoother rotation.
- Plinth – The base of the turntable, it’s designed to prevent unnecessary vibration and keeps everything in one place.
- Feet – The corners of plinth form a sturdy base that help prevent vibrations or slippage.
- Outputs – Most modern-day record players have outputs that let you hook up to a receiver, powered speakers, or USB on a computer.
Manual vs. Automatic
These days, thanks to technology, you can start your record with just the push of a button.
A factor you’ll have to consider is whether you want an auto, semi-auto, or manual record player.
- Manual Record Players – You will have to lift the tone arm, either raising it or lowering it to start or stop the record. Manual record players are a classic way of listening to your vinyl collection. Many purists prefer the physical and ritualistic action of manually placing the stylus onto the record or flipping the record over to side B.
- Semi-automatic Record Players – These bare a very similar resemblance to a manual record player, except that they have an automatic stop feature so you won’t have to physically go to the record player and stop the record when it’s done playing. The tone arm will automatically raise up and the record will slow down naturally.
- Automatic Record Players – An automatic record player works very similarly to a CD player, or computer. You select the album itself, load it in, and then let the machine do the work for you. Also, you have an easier time navigating an album and have the ability to command the record player to skip to a song or a spot in the record.
Best Selling Record Players
Victrola Pro Series USB Record Player with 2-Speed Turntable and Dust Cover
The gem of the Victrola Record fleet, the Victrola Pro Series USB Record Player is a modern marvel in audio tech. Sure to satisfy audiophiles and first timers alike, the sleek design and professional components make it a simple and powerful musical mechanism, capable of delivering premium quality sound.
With dimensions of 17.3" x 14.4" x 5.6", this sophisticated piece of machinery comes in black or silver and costs only $199.99. Features include:
- USB to PC encoding software
- Bluetooth wireless streaming capabilities
- RCA output jack with pre-amp switch
- 2-speed belt capabilities
- Stroboscopic aluminum platter
- Anti-skating adjustment
- Pitch control with quartz lock
- Removable clear dust cover
Victrola Wood 8-in-1 Nostalgic Bluetooth Record Player with USB Encoding and 3-speed Turntable
This beautiful 8-in-1 manual record player is that perfect blend of nostalgia and modern expertise. Retailing at $159.99, the 8-in-1 arrives in 4 different authentic wood finishes, including black, white, oak and mahogany. This fully functioning, 3-speed turntable lets you play recordings at 33 1/3 RPM, 45 RP, and 78 RPM.
The player also comes jampacked with features such as:
- CD player
- Cassette player
- AM/FM Radio with rotary tuner
- Bluetooth enabled streaming
- 3.5mm Aux-In jack
- Headphone jack
- RCA jack
The universality of this device allows you to record directly from vinyl, CD, or cassette, straight to USB. Measuring 18.2" x 13.2" x 10”, this best-selling Victrola player is as affordable as it is portable.
Victrola 6-in-1 Nostalgic Bluetooth Record Player with 3-speed Turntable with CD and Cassette
The Victrola 6-in-1 has the elegant spartan aesthetic of 1960s music players but packs a far larger punch than its predecessors. A slightly cheaper option than the 8-in-1, it’s still more than capable of streaming music straight from your phone, or playing any of your favorite:
- Vinyl records
- Radio stations
- Spotify stations
Selling at $99.99, this 3-speed unit comes in several colors, including:
- Farmhouse Shiplap Grey
- Farmhouse Oatmeal
With dimensions of 18.1" x 13.4" x 9.5" this multi-action Victrola record player lets you easily take the party with you.
Victrola Bluetooth Portable Suitcase Record Player with 3-speed Turntable
One of our most affordable models to date, the Victrola Portable Suitcase is a wunderkind of record technology. Its adherence to a classic look doesn’t detract from its various features, such as:
- 3-speed option (33 1/3rd RPM, 45 RPM, 78 RPM)
- Bluetooth enabled music streaming
- 3.5 mm aux-in jack for non-Bluetooth devices
- Built-in HQ speakers
With a portable design, the $59.99 suitcase stereo is a simple way to take your music with you wherever you go. It comes in a variety of fun, eye-catching designs, including:
- Black Plaid
- Map Print
- Pink Geometric
- Tie Dye
- UK Flag
- US Flag
Victrola 6-in-1 Wood Bluetooth Mid Century Record Player with 3-Speed Turntable, CD, Cassette Player and Radio
This best seller is the ideal record player for the audiophile who wants a 3-speed capable turntable that boasts a Mid-century modern look. This refined piece of machinery is beautifully crafted to stand out as the crowning jewel of any room it’s featured in. Its LED lighting and gold accents give it a design that is both chic and timeless.
Arriving in Espresso, Grey, Farmhouse Walnut, and Farmhouse Oatmeal, the Victrola 6-in-1 Mid Century record player is known for delivering top-of-the-line sound quality. Retailing at $149.99, it possesses several great features, including:
- CD player
- FM radio with analog radio dial
- 3.5mm Aux input
- Bluetooth capabilities
Victrola Modern Design 50-watt Record Player with Bluetooth and 3 Speed Turntable
Ditch the classic record player for something sexier, sleeker, and more modern. The elegant minimalist design and glossy finish of the Victrola Modern don’t make any sacrifices in performance and sound quality. It doesn’t want to distract visually, which is why the available colors are black and white. The look of this record player says, “Close your eyes and listen.”
Measuring at 27" x 12.5" x 9" and listed at $129.99, this contemporary take on the record player eschews portability for an incomparable musical experience. Boasting a powerful set of full range 50-watt stereo speakers, your favorites will sound better than ever.
Additional features include:
- 3 Speed turntable
- Built-in Bluetooth wireless streaming
- RCA output jack
Victrola Wood Wall Mount Bluetooth Record Player with CD and 3-speed Turntable
You’ve probably never seen a record player like this! This wall mounted machine is perfect for the collector who operates in tight quarters or simply wants something unique. Now, you may worry about your records playing vertically, but our patented tech ensures that sound quality doesn’t falter and your vinyl stays safe.
At $99.99, the wall mounted vertical record player has several great features:
- Vertical 3-speed belt driven turntable
- Built-in Bluetooth streaming capability
- CD player
- AM/FM Radio with rotary dial
- 3.5mm Aux-in
- 10-watt stereo speakers
Buying Your Record Player
For more than a century, Victrola has been one of the preeminent record player manufacturers in existence. Their high-end record players are created to look great and sound better, all at an affordable price.
Whatever your musical needs, you’re sure to find the perfect record player for you and your family. If you have any questions about specifics, contact us today and we’ll be happy to assist you on your buying journey!
Victrola. Record Players. https://victrola.com/
Betts, A. Make Use Of. 7 Things You Must Know When Buying a Vinyl Record Player. (2018). https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-things-must-know-buying-vinyl-turntable/
Colored Vinyl Records. The Anatomy of a Good Turntable. https://coloredvinylrecords.com/blog/anatomy-of-a-good-turntable/